My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

Monday, May 09, 2016

#StayfreeChallengeContest with YeeWittleThings

#StayfreeChallengeContest with YeeWittleThings


Aunt Flo. Menses. Period. Menstruation. Crimson Wave. On the Rag. That Time of the Month.

No matter how you say it, having your period is not a fun thing to experience every month.
But, it is a part of life for women, a very important part. It is the transition from a little girl into a woman.
These days many girls are starting their periods earlier in life. Back in the late 80s to early 90s as I was entering my teens (just aged myself there didn't I?), girls were usually getting their periods at age 12 to 13. Though I had one friend who got hers when she was 10, it was unusually heard of. Now as we head into 2016, I am hearing that more and more girls are starting their periods at age 10 to 11.

When you think about it....forty(-/+) years is a LONG time to have your period (give or take 5-15yrs depending on when you go through menopause of course). Being comfortable during that time should be top priority.

I'm not a big fan of using tampons during my period, so for the past 26+ years of having my period, I have mainly used pad products when "Aunt Flo" comes to visit.

I remember when I first started my period, how big and lumpy the pads were. They never stayed in place and they bulged....and they leaked. This just made "becoming a woman"  that much more miserable and not so pretty.

 But, they are improving! They are becoming thinner, not so stiff, have better coverage and more importantly, better stay dry material.
Since I wear pad products daily (panty liners on non-pad days) I was excited to do this challenge to see how my current products stand up to a name brand like Stayfree.

ON with the Challenge!
Stayfree Ultra Thin pads are made with a flexible-fit design and thermocontrol technology that offer a feminine hygiene product which will allow you to stay comfortable, dry and mobile throughout the day.
Materials needed to do this challenge:
  • One placement sheet
  • Stayfree Ultrathin Pads
  • My current pad product
  • 5ml of blue saline liquid for each pad product
  • Blotting sheets
  • Acetate Sheets
  • and a hardcover book
Steps of the Challenge
  1. Remove pad packaging and place on the Stayfree Challenge sheet.
  2. Pour 5ml liquid on pad. Wait 30 seconds
  3. Apply absorbing pad on top of  where you poured the liquid, followed by an acetate sheet.
  4. Place books on top and press down gently for 5 seconds
  5. Repeat with competitor pads.
  6. Compare results!

My Results of the Challenge:

I will admit it. I'm shocked. I still cannot believe the results. I was not expecting my current pad to fail so miserably, nor was I expecting that the Stayfree pad would do so well and measure up to its claims. As you can see from the photo below, my current pad needs to be retired. LOL



I can safely assure and recommend that you try using Stayfree Ultra Thin pads for your next period!
Thanks for being a part of my Stayfree Challenge!
And thanks to Brandi from YeeWittleThings for allowing me to be a part of this challenge and contest!

#StayfreeChallengeContest






No comments:

Post a Comment

HI there!
I'd love to hear from you!
* Just remember, if you do not have anything nice to say...well...take a hike and don't bother leaving me a comment! ;-p
I truly hope that you find something on my pages that you enjoy!
~Heather xoxoxox